By: Jeffrey Lapin
As we celebrate our nation’s independence Lapin Law Offices wishes everyone a happy and safe 4th of July.
To keep safe this July 4th here are some safety tips from the National Council on Fireworks Safety (www. http://www.fireworkssafety.org):
- Parents and caretakers should always closely supervise teens if they are using fireworks.
- Parents should not allow young children to handle or use fireworks.
- Fireworks should only be used outdoors.
- Always have water ready if you are shooting fireworks.
- Know your fireworks. Read the caution label before igniting.
- Obey local laws. If fireworks are not legal where you live, do not use them.
- Alcohol and fireworks do not mix.
- Wear safety glasses whenever using fireworks.
- Never relight a “dud” firework. Wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water.
- Soak spent fireworks with water before placing them in an outdoor garbage can.
- Avoid using homemade fireworks or illegal explosives: They can kill you!
- Report illegal explosives, like M-80s and quarter sticks, to the fire or police department.
If using sparklers
- Always remain standing while using sparklers.
- Never hold a child in your arms while using sparklers.
- Never hold, or light, more than one sparkler at a time.
- Never throw sparklers.Sparkler wire and stick remain hot long after the flame has gone out. Be sure to drop spent sparklers in a bucket of water.
- Teach children not to wave sparklers, or run, while holding sparklers.
Here are some other websites offering firework safety tips:
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
- United States Fire Administration
- Good Housekeeping
Lapin Law Offices will not be open on the 4th but we will still be available by telephone.
ABOUT LAPIN LAW OFFICES
Lapin Law Offices represents injured, abused and disabled clients throughout Nebraska with caring, passion and dedication. Contact us (24/7) at 402-421-8033 (Lincoln), 888-525-8819 (Toll Free) or through our websites, Lapin Law Offices or StopBadCollectors.com, to learn more about us and what we can do for you. We offer a free initial consultation and do not collect a fee unless we collect money for you.