Lapin Law Offices celebrated its 5 year anniversary on December 15, 2013. Our focus, since the very beginning, has not wavered: representing injured, abused and disabled clients throughout Nebraska with caring, passion and dedication. We, collectively and individually, have had a number of highlights this year. We would like to thank our clients, friends, and especially our family members for helping us reach this anniversary. We also have a lot planned for 2014.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM 2013
There are a number of highlights, both professional and personally, for both Lapin Law Offices, our staff, Patrick Driver and Jill Tinnelly, and myself this year. Below are just a few.
LAPIN LAW OFFICES
Lapin Law Offices continued its commitment to representing injured, abused and disabled clients with caring, passion and dedication. Some firm highlights include:
- Became a signatory to the Nebraska State Bar Association’s Statement of Diversity and Call to Action, which shows a commitment “to fostering diversity in the legal profession.”
- Began co-counseling with Timothy Cavanagh, of Chicago, in representing the estate and heirs of Joyce Meeks, who was killed in a crash with a vehicle driven by Jeremy Dobbe, who was driving a vehicle in Nebraska’s Inmate Driving Program.
- Continued blogging about topics relevant to injured, abused and disabled Nebraskans.
- Expanded and increased our social media presence on Google Plus, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
I, lawyer, owner and founder of Lapin Law Offices, had a very active 2013. Some of my highlights include:
- Became a member of the Circle of Legal Trust, whose mission is to: “to teach and share information with our peers on best search practices, as well as compliance with search engine quality guidelines.”
- Nominated to serve on the Judicial Nominating Committee for the Third District – District Court (Lancaster County).
- Nominated and began serving on the Board of Trustees of the Lincoln Bar Association.
- Continued judging legal competitions including the High School Mock Trial Competition.
- Served on the Law Day Committee for the Lincoln Bar Association as well as being a presenter.
- Continued as a Director for the Ridge South Homeowner Association as well as chairman of the Architectural Review Committee.
- Continued coaching my daughter’s soccer, softball and volleyball teams.
- Started Google Plus and Facebook pages, Distracted Driving is Dangerous, and a Google Plus Community for lawyers and other people join together to help eradicate distracted driving.
Some of Patrick Driver’s highlights for 2013 include:
- Won a reversal in the Nebraska Court of Appeals in “Glenhaven Village, Inc. v. Kortmeyer (Case No. A-12-288),” where the main issue was whether a trial court erred in determining the value of monthly service fees in an implied contract.
- Became President of the Blessed Sacrament Parish Council.
- Participated in Law Day by presenting in front of students of Southwest High School.
- Continued coaching flag football in the Lincoln Parks and Recreation program.
Some of Jill Tinnelly’s highlights for 2013 include:
- Began her fifteenth (15th) year working for Jeffrey Lapin.
- Handled the legal assistant duties for both Jeffrey Lapin and Patrick Driver.
- Cheered on her son who plays on a Lincoln Cyclones baseball team and the Peewee Junior Stars Travel hockey team.
- Traveled many thousands of miles taking her son to his baseball and hockey games. Her travels included: Omaha; Fremont; Grand Island; Kearney; Sioux Falls; Des Moines; Ames; Waterloo; Wichita; and Denver.
We remain committed to representing our clients with caring, passion and dedication. We are planning many new and exciting things for 2014 and beyond, including:
- Website redesign.
- Videos about us, what we do, how we can help and tips for injured, abused and disabled Nebraskans.
- Keeping a focus on distracted driving and spreading the message about its dangers and how distracted driving crashes are almost always preventable.
We wish to thank everyone, clients, friends and family for helping Lapin Law Offices reach this 5 year anniversary. Without all of you this would not have been possible.
LEARN MORE, SOURCES AND LINKS
- Circle of Legal Trust: Jeffrey Lapin
- Google Plus Community: Distracted Driving
- Google Plus Page: Distracted Driving is Dangerous
- Jonathan Edwards / Lincoln Journal Star: Family seeking $5 million from state after death involving inmate driver
- Lapin Law Offices: A Win In The Nebraska Court Of Appeals For Patrick Driver
- Nebraska Legal Diversity: Signatories
- Nebraska Legal Diversity: The Call to Action
- Nebraska Supreme Court: Judicial Nominating Committee for the Third District – District Court
We look forward to 2014 and having more highlights and continuing the privilege of representing injured, abused and disabled clients throughout Nebraska in their time of need.
Again, thank you to our clients, friends and family.
MORE ABOUT LAPIN LAW OFFICES
CONNECT WITH US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Latest posts by Jeffrey Lapin (see all)
- OSHA’s Top 10 Workplace Safety Violations For 2014 - September 25, 2014
- California Businesses Liable For Limiting Negative Reviews - September 15, 2014
- Your Self-Tracking Data Is At Risk - August 5, 2014